The Major Gifts Manager will participate in the development and execution of OneSight’s Major Giving Strategy.
The Major Gifts Manager will be responsible for securing funds for OneSight by identifying qualified prospects, converting them to donors and managing them to ensure as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement.
- Increase and broaden proposal pipeline and size of corporate gifts utilizing strategic cultivation, solicitation and stewardship approaches.
- Develop portfolio of prospects for cultivation and solicitation by the Executive Director, Board and other staff and provide on-going support, accountability and strategic counsel through cultivation and solicitation.
- Provide direct support to Executive Director for major donor related responsibilities (ie: writing donor communications, scheduling meetings..etc).
- Ensure the timely completion of all corporate, foundation and grant proposals, applications, required reporting and stewardship activities.
- Ensure the proper acknowledgement of all corporate and foundation supporters through deliverables as agreed upon in proposals.
- Lead all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Build major gift donor prospect pipeline and initiate contacts
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for prospects
- Build relationships with major donor prospects
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Solicit donations from major gift donors
- Design and maintain an effective major gift donor stewardship program
- Create individual goals for each major gift donor based on based on the donor’s history of giving and the OneSight’s knowledge of that donor’s potential.
- Create a personal contact and ask plan for each donor and execute the plan on a timeline basis ensuring that donors are retained and upgraded.
- Create effective offers, proposals and asks that will be used to secure donations.
- Create monthly reports that accurately reflect donor activity and performance.
- Secure key impact information that can be sent back to donors to report on how their money was used.
- Will perform other major donor activities as may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Fundraising or related field
- Occasional travel required to meet with key stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Communications or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising role, with a proven track record of major gifts success and a strong working knowledge of strategy development and moves management systems in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop strong relationships between donors and OneSight.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse individuals, including executives, high-level volunteers, wealthy donors, and internal stakeholders and leadership.
- Proven strength in being able to problem-solving, strategic and creative thinking, and taking initiative with consistent and good follow-through.
- Great comfort level with direct donor interaction is a must, including discussions of personal and family finances and asking for major financial commitments.
- An independent, fast-paced self-starter with exceptional communication and written skills and a proven track-record for securing and increasing corporate and foundation support.
- Constructively challenges the process and takes the initiative to search for opportunities to grow, improve & innovate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to make compelling public presentations.
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Possess formal training in major gifts, planned giving and other donor development activities a plus.
Typical Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
OneSight is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.