The OneSight Accounting and Finance Manager – Africa is responsible for the daily accounting and financial operations of OneSight, including cash management, payroll, invoice payment, monthly close and reporting, forecasting, and balance sheet account reconciliations. This person will be in charge of other administrative functions such as governance/compliance, and risk management. Regional responsibilities cover OneSight South Africa, as well as other OneSight legal entities across Africa.
Principle job responsibilities
OneSight South Africa
- Perform monthly accounting close, including variance analysis and balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide monthly financial reporting to Country Manager, Regional Director, and OneSight USA
- Partner with the operational team to ensure plans and forecasts are accurate and variances are clear
- Identify trends, opportunities or threats based off financial results and provides recommendations to management accordingly
- Ensure the payroll processing, including any applicable withholdings, filings and reporting are executed
- Maintain books and records in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standard for Small and Medium-Sized Entities
- Coordinate the annual audit with external auditors
- Evaluate balance in bank accounts to ensure sufficient funds to cover cash needs
- Ensure invoices have been approved in accordance with limits of authority and are paid timely
- Responsible for compliance with annual returns and various tax and other filings of the charity to ensure it remains in good standing
- Maintain and update OneSight SA policies and procedures to ensure proper internal controls are in place
- Support Governance, Risk Management or other administrative activities driven by OneSight USA
- Represent OneSight in a professional manner
OneSight Africa Regional Support
- Prepare quarterly funding requests (Africa Region)
- Develop and maintain financial policies for OneSight in the Africa Region
- Train VC Finance staff on OneSight reporting templates (Africa Region)
- Develop budgets for grant applications and fundraising events (Africa Region)
- Partner with the operational teams to ensure plans and forecasts are accurate and variances are clear
- Prepare quarterly financial data analysis for the sustainable programs (Africa Region)
- Prepare the Financial reports for OneSight African entities home offices (inclusive of Quickbooks entries)
- Prepare The Gambia monthly corporate accounts and coordinates the annual audit with external auditors
- Provide any additional financial and accounting support to the Africa Region.
- Manage ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
Qualifications and experience
- 5+ of relevant experience
- Maintains confidentiality
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Office Suite, Quick-Books, Quicken, Outlook and/or other similar financial software experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to be a self-starter, taking the initiative to solve problems/pursue business opportunities
- Demonstrates the ability and desire to successfully accomplish personal and business goals
- Makes sound business decisions and acts with integrity
- Effectively manages personal time and effort to achieve necessary administrative tasks
- Constructively challenges the process and takes the initiative to search for opportunities to grow, improve and innovate
- Demonstrates leadership skills through ownership of projects and proactive support
- 15-30% travel required within South Africa (as deemed necessary for execution of duties). <10% travel on the continent of African and Internationally.
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will be using a computer to perform tasks and will be working remotely from home.
Work environment: This is a remote position. The candidate will be working from their home.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with country and all applicable laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At OneSight, we’re creating a world where a lack of access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human achievement and possibility. We know everyone deserves quality vision care. So, we meet them where they are, making care affordable and close to home.
Meeting our employees where they are is also part of OneSight. OneSight provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Come join us.