The Bookkeeper / AP Accountant is primarily responsible for daily financial operations of the charity including invoice payment, monthly close and reporting, forecasting, credit card administration and compliance with state reporting.
Principle job responsibilities
- Ensure invoices have been approved in accordance with limits of authority and are paid timely
- Maintain books and records in accordance with US GAAP
- Perform monthly accounting close, including variance analysis, for assigned line items
- Partner with operational teams to ensure plans and forecasts are accurate and variances are clear
- Ensure compliance with state agencies for programming and fundraising by filing appropriate annual reporting
- Administer the OneSight credit card program. Related duties include maintaining the relationship with the vendor, being the subject matter expert on the program, moving the line-of-credit between cardholders, and accounting for the monthly expense in the appropriate cost centers
- Maintain and update OneSight policies and procedures to ensure proper internal controls are in place
- Assist with the annual audit and special projects, as requested
- High school diploma required
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
Qualifications and experience
- 3+ of relevant Accounts Payable or accounting experience
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- SAP, Essbase, and FundE-Z computer skills a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to be a self-starter, taking the initiative to solve problems/pursue business opportunities
- Demonstrates the ability and desire to successfully accomplish personal and business goals
- Makes sound business decisions and acts with integrity
- Effectively manages personal time and effort to achieve necessary administrative tasks
- Constructively challenges the process and takes the initiative to search for opportunities to grow, improve and innovate
- Demonstrates leadership skills through ownership of projects and proactive support
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.