The Country Manager – South Africa is responsible for the planning and execution of programming, engagement, and fundraising programs within South Africa. Reporting to the Director of Programming – Africa, s/he will lead the development and implementation of the strategy to deliver on OneSight’s mission in South Africa. S/he will manage a team to deliver these plans and will build relationships with key stakeholders to enable the greatest impact.
Principle job responsibilities
- In partnership with the Director and Associate Director of Programming – Africa, develop a recommended strategy for South Africa, evaluating the role of sustainable and charitable programming and establishing clear priorities for the region.
- Identify key opportunities, barriers, and partners to realize this strategy and build plans that address these.
- Leverage strengths and facilitate synergies between the diverse programmatic approaches. (Sustainable and Charitable).
- Ensure successful execution of all charitable programming to meet all KPIs and objectives while establishing and enforcing OneSight’s organizational standards to deliver quality eye care.
- Track and upwardly communicate all project milestones and deliverables. Proactively identify and communicate needed changes or delays to expected deliverables.
- Reinforce a collaborative and team approach on projects/clinics and internal initiatives.
- Prepare reports in collaboration with the onsite clinic manager on program performance by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information; ensure timely reporting of vision center KPIs and analysis of results.
- Be an integral part of the Africa programming leadership team by providing leadership, collaboration and support as needed to achieve goals and objectives for South Africa.
- Work closely to build the relationship with EssilorLuxottica partners, understanding their key objectives and creating and sustaining a partnership which will strengthen engagement and mission support.
- Partner collaboratively with MOH/DOH and their representatives to maintain necessary relationships to deliver key metrics and build strong relationships to expand on the OneSight mission.
- Liaise and cultivate relationships with all relevant national and international NGOs local and international authorities with the goal of facilitating coordination of eye-health programs.
- Develop relationships & collaborate with the global team by offering support, information and guidance and mentoring team members.
- Lead initiatives and activities that result in obtaining funds and resources needed to sustain and improve OneSight’s programs.
- Work with the global development team and serve as the key operational lead to continue to support and grow current fundraising efforts, including in-store customer giving, Sales for Sight, employee giving (OneSight and EssilorLuxottica), while also seeking out new ideas to test in the future.
- Work closely with the global development team and the associate Director of Programming – Africa to identify and seek funding from a range of corporate and institutional funders, including leading grant writing efforts.
- Leverage, grow and strengthen the partnership with EssilorLuxottica and Sunglass Hut South Africa.
- Lead the thinking and execution to strengthen and execute engagement programs in the country. Identify key opportunities, barriers, and partners to realize this strategy and build plans that address these.
Human Resource Management
- Develop annual objectives and KPIs for in country team members.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals and provide ongoing feedback for growth and development.
- Ensure the team in South Africa are of the correct number and skill set (human resource planning).
- Establish a culture that embraces diversity and maximizes the learnings from a diverse team.
- Develop annual budget for South Africa with the Finance manager to support the successful delivery of annual plans.
- Manage funds within budget and work with Finance Manager on developing financial reports.
- Requirement: degree in Public Health, International Development, Social Sciences, or related field.
Qualifications and experience
- 3+ years experience in a health care environment or NGO is preferred.
- Corporate philanthropic experience.
- Fundraising experience preferred.
- Uncorrected Refractive Error philanthropic experience preferred.
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate a diverse audience.
- Proficient in English language.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills.
- High professional integrity.
- Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style.
- Strong computer skills and good working knowledge of MS office applications.
- 15-30% travel required within South Africa (as deemed necessary for execution of duties). <10% travel on the continent of African and Internationally.
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At OneSight, we’re creating a world where a lack of access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human achievement and possibility. We know everyone deserves quality vision care. So, we meet them where they are, making care affordable and close to home.
Meeting our employees where they are is also part of OneSight. OneSight provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Come join us.