The Engagement and Advocacy Manager is responsible for managing and implementing engagement and advocacy strategies that build long term champions of the brand. This role is critical to OneSight to increase the total supporters, volunteers and partners helping OneSight to accomplish our bold vision.
The Engagement and Advocacy Manager will be the face of OneSight’s Engagement and Advocacy work with new and existing corporations, affinity groups, individuals, other non-profits and advocacy groups. They will build robust relationships and mobilize key external partners. They will connect deeply with OneSight’s mission and have a strong ability to demonstrate that passion broadly across various stakeholders inspiring potential supporters to join OneSight in creating a future where access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human potential.
With a heart for meaningful interactions and a head for good data, the Engagement and Advocacy Manager will develop and implement a strategic engagement and advocacy plan for new and existing external audiences that supports building awareness and growing fundraising in authentic ways.
Principle job responsibilities
- Engagement Plan and Relationship Building (60%)
- Partner with Fundraising to develop and lead a multi-touchpoint CSR and engagement strategy across new and existing corporate supporters ensuring relationship management is strong.
- Develop and lead an engagement strategy to reach new groups of supporters including but not limited to teachers, eye doctors, industry professionals, colleges, sororities/fraternities.
- Partner with IT and stakeholders to create a high-impact, data-driven, and cross-functional culture of engagement across the organization.
- Partner with Programming to launch new virtual and in-person scalable engagement and volunteer opportunities
- Manage the engagement digital ecosystem to drive an increase in the number of people who engage with OneSight globally through opportunities to volunteer and advocate.
- Develop and drive a consistent and powerful communications plan across all engaged supporters.
- Create and lead an external Ambassador Program including the development of new activations that engage the supporter in deeper and more meaningful methods.
- Advocacy (20%)
- Partner with industry non-profits and other key entities to advocate for policy and legislative change that will make vision care more accessible to those in need.
- Create and execute strategies to amplify key global vision care advocacy messaging through marketing and partner channels that support OneSight’s position in the industry as a leading vision care non-profit.
- Quarterly reporting of results/impact.
- Partnerships (15%)
- Support the partnership centric shift for OneSight organization in collaboration with Marketing and Partnerships Director.
- Establish measurement tools and regular reporting (5%)
- Quarterly reporting of results/impact to OneSight key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Social Sciences or other related field required.
Qualifications and experience
- 5+ years of experience working with community engagement, volunteer management or corporate engagement.
- Experience in non-profit sector or Corporate Social Responsibility department preferred.
- Experience connecting individuals and groups to community engagement opportunities and assisting in implementation of compelling programs.
- Passionate about working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a strong ability to evangelize, articulate, and pitch OneSight programs and engagement opportunities to a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong ability to influence all levels of leaders including global C-Suite leaders.
- Ability to think strategically and quickly develop an executional plan to meet goals.
- Goal driven, held accountable to driving strong and measurable results.
- Must possess an ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, and work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Occasional travel required to meet with key stakeholders, including some global travel
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At OneSight, we’re creating a world where a lack of access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human achievement and possibility. We know everyone deserves quality vision care. So, we meet them where they are, making care affordable and close to home.
Meeting our employees where they are is also part of OneSight. OneSight provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Come join us.