The Engagement Manager is responsible for increasing the number of supporters for OneSight by managing and implementing engagement strategies that build long term and lifetime champions of the brand. The Engagement Manager will develop an annual strategic engagement plan that meets the organization’s awareness, programming and fundraising objectives. This includes managing the recruitment, activation and retention of supporters.
The Engagement Manager will be the face of OneSight Engagement, developing robust relationships with key internal and external partners. They will connect deeply with OneSight’s mission and have a strong ability to demonstrate that passion broadly across various stakeholders inspiring potential supporters to join OneSight in creating a future where access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human potential.
Principle job responsibilities
- Develop and implement an annual engagement plan that recruits and activates a global community of empowered ‘brand champions’ who give, volunteer, and advocate.
- Create and activate strategies that drive the brand’s earned based model.
- Develop tools that create a compelling case for involvement for broader audiences.
- Increase Onsight’s appeal to new organizations and individuals via existing and new engagement opportunities.
- Manage recruitment of employees from EssilorLuxottica and other prioritized companies for engagement opportunities including charitable and sustainable programming. Includes leadership and evolution of OneDay events globally in partnership with Programming.
- Ensure that recruitment and supporter placement efforts position OneSight in best situation to drive fundraising and awareness.
- Leads proactive onboarding and engagement of new leaders/influencers.
- Positions OneSight as a relevant and impactful brand to employees at prioritized organizations & corporations.
- Manage community engagement related technology to support activation and CRM efforts.
- Create and implement supporter recognition and communication strategy that drives deeper engagement.
- Develop a strong understanding of engagement best pratices from vision industry and NGOs.
- Manage elements of global ambassador program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Social Sciences or other related field required.
Qualifications and experience
- 5+ years of experience working with community engagement, volunteer management or corporate engagement.
- Experience in non-profit sector or Corporate Social Responsibility department preferred.
- Experience connecting individuals and groups to community engagement opportunities and assisting in implementation of compelling programs.
- Passionate about working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a strong ability to evangelize, articulate, and pitch OneSight programs and engagement opportunities to a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong ability to influence all levels of leaders including global C-Suite leaders.
- Ability to think strategically and quickly develop an executional plan to meet goals.
- Goal driven, held accountable to driving strong and measurable results.
- Must possess an ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, and work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Occasional travel required to meet with key stakeholders, including some global travel
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.