The Executive Assistant and Event Planner is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support for the OneSight President & Executive Director, managing the organization’s office operations and leading key OneSight events. The Executive Assistant and Event Planner is a team player who acts as a role model and represents the President and the organization by demonstrating consistent high-level performance and maintaining the utmost professional demeanor and highest level of confidentiality and trust.
Principle job responsibilities
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for President & Executive Director. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements. Work closely with the President to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Anticipate needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; logging key meeting contacts and updates into Salesforce; and maintaining contact lists.
- Coordinate and manage details of advanced travel arrangements, including international travel, travel visas, and expense report submission upon completion of travel.
- Organize OneSight Board meetings and Leadership Team meeting schedule and support agenda preparation and documentation.
- Seek out and recommend administrative process improvements; implement new procedures as appropriate.
- Manage relationship with Luxottica Building Services as the OneSight contact; responsible for managing building needs for OneSight team, including contractor ID renewal.
- Maintain and update OneSight organizational charts.
- Coordinate the logistics for new hires including coordination of desk and equipment requests and onboarding activities prior to new hire arrival; support the development and management of onboarding binder in partnership with HR.
- Manage supplies and ordering for the team as needed
- Assistant for the Freshdesk platform, which includes going through requests and assigning to correct OneSight team member, responding to requests, and managing contacts and responses.
- Contact for Verizon and the OneSight team to include issuance of new phones, upgrades, and troubleshooting
- Lead the organization and coordination for designated complex meetings and events within budget, including OneSight Global Summits, Luxottica golf outing, One Day, CVC in Cincinnati and other local events in partnership with the Fundraising and Marketing & Engagement teams
- Manage volunteer recruitment, communication and coordination at key events that enable outstanding execution of these events.
- Build relationships with event vendors, negotiate favorable pricing, and represent OneSight by providing on-site event management to ensure events are executed successfully.
- High School Diploma minimum; Associates degree preferred
Qualifications and experience
- Significant (8+ years) administrative and executive support experience with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation and telephone etiquette. Ability to professionally interface and communicate among executives and other internal and external high-level individuals.
- Strong ability to execute work and interact with a wide range of global partners with a diversity, equity and inclusion lens.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and maintain confidential information with a high level of integrity and discretion.
- Proven ability to anticipate and follow up on requests and issues with a proactive, problem-solving approach. Demonstrated experience in planning and managing large events within established budgets.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in fast-paced, high-growth, evolving environments.
- Knowledge of software applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Reader and Visio); familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Language – fluent English is required.
- Limited to None
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At OneSight, we’re creating a world where a lack of access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human achievement and possibility. We know everyone deserves quality vision care. So, we meet them where they are, making care affordable and close to home.
Meeting our employees where they are is also part of OneSight. OneSight provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Come join us.