The Fundraising & Event Specialist is responsible for the planning and execution of OneSight’s fundraising programs and management of special event logistics. This position requires extensive travel, approximately 30 trips per year, to manage our merchandise sales fundraising program. The Fundraising & Event Specialist will engage individuals internally and externally to support or raise funds for OneSight. This position is responsible for managing events that generate revenue and increase engagement with the cause and OneSight. The Fundraising & Event Specialist will need to be great at communication, well organized and have experience in donor relations, fundraising and event management.
Principle job responsibilities
- Raise funds for our cause and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets.
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors/partners and manage regular donor communications
- Collaborate with other organizations and groups within the community to build partnerships and enhance fundraising activities.
- Manage with vendors on all aspects of executing events such as catering, décor items, lighting, security, special equipment rentals and entertainment.
- Direct the solicitation of volunteers and serve as volunteer point of contact for planning committees and day of event support.
- Ensure that operational expenditure is managed within agreed budgets and identify efficiencies.
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to better position our organization fundraising events to them
- Lead the evaluation and feedback process post-event and create plan to implement changes and improvements
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities.
- Coordinate one-time fundraising events and volunteer recruitment/recognition events, as assigned.
- Engages and collaborates cross-functionally with fundraising, communications, engagement, product planning and finance teams to gain functional expertise in support of fundraising and event management strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in fundraising, donor relations and event management.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in fast-paced, high-growth, evolving environments.
- Communicate proactively, accurately and impeccably both verbally and in writing
- Collaborative, inquisitive, and resourceful team player with a passion driving executional excellence.
- Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities.
- Entrepreneurial in identifying new opportunities that will advance the partnership and/or capacity of OneSight.
- Up to 70% travel, including nights and weekends. Position will manage 25-30 fundraising sales, annually.
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions take place in the office, on-site for an event (occasionally outdoors) or inside of a meeting room. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.