Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the OneSight Human Resources Generalist will serve as the first line of communication for day to day Human Resources activities and employee questions and issues. This role serves as a positive role model in setting OneSight Culture, providing guidance to employees on company policies and ensuring new hire and termination procedures are completed timely.
Principle job responsibilities
The HR Manager will support OneSight Employees by:
- Conducting benefits enrollment meetings and responding to employee questions during the benefit year.
- Enrolling employees in benefits and managing changes to benefits including New Hire and Termination requirements
- Managing COBRA notifications
- Managing STD and LTD processing
- Funding 401k, HSA, FSA, Dependent Care contributions with each payroll.
- Managing monthly invoices from vendors, checking for accuracy, obtaining signature and forwarding to accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Managing HR Data in payroll software including: benefits and benefit changes including 401k, Roth, job changes, salary updates, supervisor changes, labor allocations, etc. including international contractors and employees.
- Providing backup for Payroll Manager during vacation
- Researching and set up tax requirements for new hires
- Uploading employee documentation into payroll system.
- Ensuring Legal compliance to federal laws including wage and hour posters at OneSight locations
- Working with Warehouse Supervisor to ensure OSHA 300 Log is created, signed and posted at OneSight locations.
Recruiting and New Hire Orientation
- Ensuring job descriptions are current and available on Google Drive
- Creating and routing Employee Requisition forms for approval
- Posting open positions on appropriate job boards and screen initial candidates
- Working with Executive Assistance and IT, ensure new hire computer equipment, cell phones and credit cards are processed and returned upon termination.
- Ensuring new hire orientation plan is created and meetings scheduled prior to employee start date.
- Preparing and upkeep New Hire notebook and work with functional teams to include any functional data.
Training, Development and Employee Engagement
- Working with the Director of HR, track LinkedIn training initiatives to support annual goals and objectives and prepare quarterly reports for leaders.
- Conducting annual employee culture survey and prepare reports including Best Places to Work.
- In coordination with the Director, HR, maintaining the training and development calendar including lunch n learns, DEI trainings, as well as functional and organizational training. Coordinate with other functional training leads as needed. Assisting in the delivery of training.
- Working with community partners to provide OneSight employees’ options to participate in Community Involvement for volunteer day options.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline.
Qualifications and experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as an HR Generalist with growing levels of responsibilities.
- SHRM or HRCI Certification
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, required.
- Knowledge of HR systems (preferably Paycor)
- Local Travel Only (Volunteering at OneSight clinics may be the exception)
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At OneSight, we’re creating a world where a lack of access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human achievement and possibility. We know everyone deserves quality vision care. So, we meet them where they are, making care affordable and close to home.
Meeting our employees where they are is also part of OneSight. OneSight provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Come join us.