OneSight, an independent global nonprofit 501(c)(3), is dedicated to providing sustainable access to a comprehensive eye exam and quality eyewear to those in need around the world. Over the past 30 years, OneSight has helped over 35 million people in 51 countries and 49 states see clearly. With the help of dedicated partners, there are 171 permanent vision centers operating today, providing ongoing access to vision care to nearly 5 million people. That number will grow to over 45 million people by 2020.
Develop and administer systems that ensure that OneSight has effective control of its frame, lens, and supplies inventory. Perform inventory planning functions and transfer these skills through all OneSight programming.
Principle job responsibilities
- Own management and configuration of the software used by OneSight to track inventory levels and movement (OneSight will be launching SAP)
- Maintain a documented set of best practices and additional reference materials
- Ensure that OneSight has a complete view of all of its available inventory; be the source of truth for inventory across programming platforms (focus on sustainable)
- Establish model stocks for and replenish sustainable programming, both existing and new country launches
- Establish model stocks for and ensure effective replenishment for sustainable clinic pilots (both vision centers and labs)
- Develop and deliver training in inventory management and planning for sustainable partners
- Ensure that all inventory-related systems meet accepted accounting standards in partnership with the OneSight Finance team
- Interface with the OneSight Distribution Center to effectively sort and manage incoming product
- Develop financial plans (assist in P&L and gross margin development) and forecasts for all product functions
- Bachelor’s degree in product-related functions such as planning, operations and communications
Qualifications and experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in product management; inventory planning highly preferred
- Self-motivated; with the ability to work cross-functionally
- Project management skills required
- Desire to travel internationally
- Up to 20% travel may be required. Specific projects may demand short-term increase in travel.
- Primarily Africa with new country expansion on the horizon