The IT asset Coordinator Intern is a full time internship opportunity for an organized self-starter looking to gain knowledge and experience in IT Hardware/Asset Management and Support.
principle job responsibilities
- Manage all hardware including purchase/tracking/setup and configuration/maintenance and troubleshooting and repair of IT assets in accordance with organizational goals.
- Develop and implement best practice procedures to address hardware use, care, and tracking entry issues as identified.
- Develop and manage the asset tracking software and systems
- Develop excel reports and data presentations as needed
- Train on proper use of OneSight systems and hardware as needed
- Oversee Policy compliance
- Assist with software installs and subscriptions – (Zoom, Goto Assist, Innovations)
- Facilitate system integration
- Other projects as directed
- Enrolled in an accredited university in an IT related field of study.
qualifications and experience
- Experience providing technical support with training both on location and remote
- Basic working knowledge of computer hardware and technology
- High level of planning and organizational skills
- Strong in Office suite; Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Detail oriented – ability to manage multiple tasks and schedules
- In depth knowledge of Windows OS
- PC imaging and configuration
- TCP/IP, Routers, WAPs, Wireless, and other networking devices
- Spyware / adware removal tools / antivirus programs
- Savvy with search engine techniques
- Must be comfortable with all facets of PC, laptop hardware, setup, and maintenance; including installation and configuration of hard drives, NIC’s, printers, and other PC accessories.
- Ability to work flexible hours including early mornings, nights, or weekends as needed
- Comfortable training and working with others remotely via video conference
- Willing to travel