The Individual & Online Giving Manager is responsible for the development and execution of a strategy to aquire new individual donors, leveraging OneSight’s digital tools and programming. The Individual & Online Giving Manager will engage donors, internally and externally, to financially contribute and/or increase funds raised for OneSight. This position will be responsible for driving our online & individual giving efforts and ensuring our overall crowdfunding, third-party, direct mail, digitial fundraising and annual giving strategies are aligned with industry best practices.
Principle job responsibilities
- Development and execution of an annual online, individual and crowdfunding fundraising plans that leverage best in class fundraising strategies to deliver results
- Implement a global social media fundraising strategy in collaboration with marketing/awareness team
- Grow OneSight’s peer-to-peer and crowdfunding campaigns, including managing and driving the optimization of OneSight’s peer-to-peer platform and proactive reporting
- Plan and activate giving-day strategies (World Sight Day, Giving Tuesday, End of Year Giving, etc.). Track, analyze and report results and outcomes
- Test quarterly direct mail methodologies to determine donor base strength
- Track and manage donor profiles in CRM database; serve as customer service lead for individual donors
- Act as point of contact for crowdfunding Fundraising Captains. Hold onboarding calls with this group and provide active communication templates and touch point calls/emails to drive results and offer support
- Send acknowledgments and receipting to donors, focusing on stewardship and donor recognition
- Create giving circle campaigns and recognition levels for individual and team donors
- Manage and re-launch employee giving programs for both internal and external individuals – e.g., OneSight Day’s Pay, and Benevity employee giving platform
- Grow, cultivate and steward the strategy for OneSight’s monthly donor program, so that it results in increased membership and a better experience for donors
- Provide insight to Engagement team members of how to integrate fundraising strategies into Engagement initiatives
- Analyze fundraising reports to determine effectiveness of current strategies and recommend improvements
- Co-own the development of the donor segmentation and recognition strategy
- Proactive management of the volunteer and event management tool to drive third-party fundraising and donations to OneSight (management of community fundraising)
- Engages and collaborates cross-functionally with fundraising, communications, engagement, product planning and finance teams to gain functional expertise in support of fundraising strategies
- Report out monthly data metrics to leadership for all platforms
- Other duties as assigned by Sr. Director of Global Development
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and equivalent experience and/or training.
Qualifications and experience
- 3 to 5 years fundraising experience – individual giving, digital fundraising a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; previous experience with donor relations or customer service preferred.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in fast-paced, high-growth, evolving environments and ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Collaborative, inquisitive, and resourceful team player with a passion for driving executional excellence
- Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities. Must be able to be flexible/adaptable.
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Entrepreneurial in identifying new opportunities that will advance the partnership and/or capacity of OneSight
- Knowledge, understanding and proficiency of CRM systems; Salesforce experience preferred.
- Minimal travel – occasionally based on needs for specific business purposes.
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.