Manager will own the OneSight manufacturing best practices, operate the OneSight lab, and maintain an inventory of exam, manufacturing and IT equipment/assets to support OneSight charitable programming.
principle job responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a documented set of manufacturing best practices for all aspects of charitable and sustainable manufacturing
- Create training and execution documents around preventative maintenance programs on OneSight assets and equipment.
- Co-Lead the effective planning, organization, and execution of manufacturing engagement/clinics.
- Support Manufacturing Leaders on all charitable clinics by conducting pre-clinic briefings and responding to concerns encountered during clinic
- Ensure effective, efficient production by and maintenance of mobile manufacturing (vision vans, manufacturing pods, etc.)
- Manage the OneSight inventory of lab and exam equipment housed in the US, including effective maintenance programs and systems for tracking the location and condition of every unit (this includes doctor’s equipment).
- Lead training / auditing of OneSight charitable and sustainable manufacturing to ensure compliance.
- Lead the set-down of new manufacturing / distribution facilities in sustainable programming.
- Execute and deliver proper training and skill development for lab technicians, in-country managers, and team members.
- Establish and deliver effective maintenance programs for exam equipment in sustainable models.
- Functions to ensure excellent execution of all programming models
- Partner with IT to ensure IT assets are properly updated and maintained
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required
qualifications and experience
- 10 years’ experience in optical manufacturing operations
- State licensure, ABO certification, or equivalent experience as a retail optician
- Ability to work cross-functionally as required for manufacturing support
- Project Management skills required
Up to 20% travel may be required. Specific projects may demand short-term increase in travel.