The Manager of Innovation and OneSight Programming role is meant to support both current and new programming by providing strategic direction and implementation support. This role includes identifying and leading new programming opportunities and providing a strategic plan to provide customized solutions offering speed to market, access to capital, intellectual property, expertise, training, equipment and supply chain support to deliver quality, assortment, value and local vision care at scale.
Principle Job Responsibilities
- Identifies, leads and supports innovation in current and future program opportunities
- Analyzes opportunities and makes recommendations on innovative program strategies
- Identifies needs and builds teams for each developing program
- Develops and articulates strategic approaches, partnerships, management/staffing plans, M&E, budgets and project designs
- Develops and defines partnership requirements as related to specific programming
- Clearly defines proven models and shares them across OneSight to maintain Global Alignment in programming
Monitors and coordinates specific program development efforts ensuring global alignment to OneSight programming
- Identifies and analyzes new program opportunities within states and/or regions, regularly monitoring opportunities with local partners
- Creates program development budgets and justifications. Monitors and reports on status of budgets.
- Coordinates regularly with OneSight staff, Luxottica brands, and internal and external volunteers engaged in program development.
Builds global regional-focused relationships with representatives of potential donors (traditional and non-traditional) and strategic partners
- Identifies new partners and/or donors to enhance Global Communities capabilities and expand our programming
- Supports OneSight’s relationship building with traditional and non-traditional donors and partners.
- Build strategic partnerships through attending regional and global conference as a credible global leader with a proven portfolio of sustainable and charitable vision care solutions (as needed).
Guidelines for Future Partnerships.
- Background in Ophthalmic Patient Care, Workflow, Diagnostic Devices, Device/Instrument Interfaces, Insight into Technology and time to market pipeline to enhance patient care, resulting in a significantly enhanced patient and clinical volunteer experience, while being mindful of reducing cost of ownership, ability to withstand frequent shipping
- Background in researching, and recommending TeleOptometry/Medicine Platforms to provide greater access to best in class eye and optical care
- A Master’s degree (preferred) in relevant discipline and minimum of 2 years of experience OR a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience
- International project development/implementation experience
- Experience in field program implementation, program backstopping and/or budgeting desired
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- International travel about 40% – 50%
Qualifications and Experience
- Broad understanding of principals of international development
- Effective critical thinking skills and sound judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions based on accurate judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage deadlines, to manage others and to work independently in a well-organized manner.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, geographically dispersed team environment.
- Fluency in English, written and oral. Abilities in a second language preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret documents and ability to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard.
Typical Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.