The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will ensure that all of the Vision Centre operations are incorporated into the mainstream operational structure of the hospital for sustainability. This role will deliver as noted below, aligned to the Monitoring framework that has been developed as well as the overall annual plans for Zambia programming.
Principle job responsibilities
- Execute and implement the Monitoring framework and plan by working with cross functional teams and departments.
- Develop monthly transition reports for the internal Zambia team and quarterly reporting to the regional team by working and consulting the US teams as well as the Zambia teams.
- Ensure the monitoring framework is adjusted as appropriate.
- Empower key hospital staff to develop, implement and monitoring strategies that will deliver all KPI targets and strategies developed for the sustainability model to succeed.
- Transfer skills to the hospital staff to identify and implement marketing and awareness strategies to drive traffic to the vision centers.
- Transfer skills to in-country Hospital Staff to ensure transition of duties in a phased manner.
- Build capacity in key hospital staff to understand and ensure adherence to all policies, procedures, and behaviors in the Operations Manual.
- Conduct field visits to the transitioning VCs’ implementation sites according to the transition guidelines.
- Analyze changes in KPI indicator data of vision centers that are transitioning and submit transitioning performance reports to document the transitioning path/process.
- Be alert to developments in ministry of health in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies that promote alignment to the changes for sustainability.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in data management in view of the transitioning objective to full ownership by partner (work on compatibility).
- Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the entire project team and Partners.
- Oversee the conduct of baseline surveys and any other research studies by outside consultants.
- Participate actively in programme planning process and budgeting of the project
- Relationship and partnership management with all stakeholders at all levels
- Assist with planning and monitoring of all outreach and utilization plans.
- Degree in social sciences development studies, statistics, economics or related field or Diploma with over 5 years relevant experience.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite, Social Media (experience with Salesforce is a plus).
Qualifications and experience
- Experience with working with government projects
- Proven record of Monitoring and Evaluation
- At least 3 years work experience in Project planning processes, performance management, monitoring and evaluation in an NGO project environment
- Worked in the Development field, health care will be an added bonus
- Understanding of Programme management
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent knowledge of statistics and research methodology including skills in sampling techniques and use of computer software for statistical and other relevant applications;
- Proven skills in critical thinking, assessment and analysis;
- Excellent communication, team building and training skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in and outside the organization;
- Ability to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability in report writing and presentation.
- Being in possession of a driver’s license will be an added advantage.
- Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others.
- As needed to perform role.
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At OneSight, we’re creating a world where a lack of access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human achievement and possibility. We know everyone deserves quality vision care. So, we meet them where they are, making care affordable and close to home.
Meeting our employees where they are is also part of OneSight. OneSight provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Come join us.