The ultimate goal for the Program Manager is to deliver quality vision care services to those both in North America and throughout the world. Reporting to the Senior Manager of OneSight Clinic Operations, the position is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating up to 7 OneSight Vision Clinics and Community Programs annually. Execution involves managing program partners and coordinating teams of global volunteers, requiring superior planning skills. The Program Manager successfully leads individual clinics, projects, and works as a team to develop program best practices. They also have the combined responsibility for strategic planning, deployment, and evaluation of OneSight’s portfolio of charitable operations worldwide.
Principal Job Responsibilities
- Deliver quality eye care by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Sustain overall clinic operations by following policies and procedures
Planning & Reporting:
- Project planning to ensure success
- Prepare reports on program performance by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
Nurture Key Partnerships:
- Develop relationships & collaborate with global team through offering support, information, and guidance; mentoring team members
- Contribute to team goals by delivering on objectives
- Develop partnerships and adhere to clinic preparation standards to ensure operational excellence
- International travel about 50% – 60% +
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum (Required) Qualifications:
- Solid project and time management skills essential
- Ability to complete clinics and projects within designated budget
- Strong team player and collaborator with ability to also work autonomously and act independently
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Drive, operate and maintain mobile eyecare and production vehicles measuring 40’ x 13’ with Class B Commercial Driver’s License within regulations of the Department of Transportation (License can be obtained post-employment)
- Ability to make decisions with sound judgment and confidence to overcome issues or obstacles with diplomacy
- Celebrate progress, have fun and inspire others to support the cause.
- Excellent verbal communication skills – comfortable with coaching and presenting to diverse audiences
- Must be fluent in English; Multilingual is a plus
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is eager to make a difference in a dynamic, growing global organization and is a dynamic, positive leader of both people and projects
- Strong cultural acuity and ability to work effectively across diverse global populations, including ability to manage language translations and work across multiple time zones
- Effective listening, problem-solving and consulting skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, and Data Base Management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in project planning preferred
- Event coordination experience
- Global nonprofit experience
- Vision care/optical expertise
- Class B driver’s license or ability to pass written and practical examination
Typical Physical Demands / Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.