Are you looking for a job that has a purpose? Are you an entrepreneurial self-starter who is eager to make a difference in a dynamic, growing global organization? Are you a positive leader of both people and projects? Do you want to make an impact on people lives? Are you driven by being exposed to multiple cultures and environments?
One in seven people around the world need glasses but don’t have access. OneSight is a leading global non-profit organization and our goal is to provide access to quality eyecare and eyewear to underserved communities. In our 30 years of existence, OneSight has provided access to eyecare to more than 20 million people in 49 countries. Our purpose is to fuel people’s potential by enabling them to see clearly.
Onesight has 2 models to address the global vision care gap. The first model is providing immediate care with our charitable programming, where we provide a comprehensive eye exam and a free pair of glasses. The second model is empowering communities to provide a permanent solution, and we work with local partners to set up vision centers .Today we have over 130 vision centers open around the world. Our strategic plan is focused on engaging the expertise of the optical industry—including OneSight’s founding global sponsor, Luxottica—to develop, deliver and scale these models to help millions more in need.
The ultimate goal for the Program Manager is to deliver quality vision care services mainly in the region of South East Asia, Bangladesh and India, through direct project management. Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, the position is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating charitable programs and, to a certain extent, sustainable programs across the region. Through 360 degree project management, we imply the following:
- Strategic planning to identify the best solution/approach for the particular location to implement activities that are feasible and can be executed and supported by our local partners.
- Execution of the following: managing program partners, coordinating teams of global volunteers and employing superior planning skills. The Program Manager successfully leads individual clinics and projects, and works as a team member to develop best practices. He/she also has the combined responsibility for strategic planning, deployment and evaluation of OneSight’s portfolio of charitable operations worldwide.
- Engagement with volunteers by ensuring they have a memorable, productive, professional and genuine experience with OneSight in order to maintain their support.
- Providing our volunteers with the relevant information about the project in which they take part in so that they can effectively fundraise.
principle job responsibilities
- Contributing to the program approach in the region;
- Sustaining overall clinic operations by following policies and procedures;
- Delivering quality eye care by establishing and enforcing organization standards;
- Challenging and suggesting new process and procedures so that we can constantly improve our policies and models.
Planning and Reporting
- Engaging in project planning to ensure success;
- Preparing reports on program performance by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information;
- Planning according to the budget given for each project.
Nurturing Key Partnerships
- Supporting our Onesight team members by developing relationships and collaborating with global teams;
- Offering support for team members by providing information and guidance, mentoring, and contributing to team goals by delivering on objectives;
- Nurturing and developing the existing partnerships, respecting partner views and culture, and adhering to clinic preparation standards to ensure operational excellence;
- Engaging with our volunteers by being available to address their questions and concerns—without them it wouldn’t be possible to achieve our goals.
- Delivering in full the charitable clinics that are assigned within the region;
- Providing data on access, lives served and glasses dispensed;
- Achieving project fundraising targets through volunteers crowdfunding campaigns;
- Planning and implementing volunteer engagement events across the region.
- Strong team player and collaborator;
- Eager to learn;
- Genuine and honest in approach;
- Ability to also work autonomously and act independently;
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment;
- Good sense of humor;
- Enjoys celebrating progress and success;
- Has fun and inspires others to support the cause;
- Ability to communicate and seek help from peers when needed:
- Ability to make decisions with sound judgment with diplomacy and confidence to overcome issues or obstacles.
You will be successful in this role by being:
- An entrepreneurial self-starter who is eager to make a difference in a dynamic, growing global organization;
- A positive leader of people;
- An exemplary manager of projects;
- An individual with proven cultural acuity and the ability to work effectively across diverse global populations (including ability to manage language translations and work across multiple time zones).
qualifications and experience
- Experience providing technical support with training both on location and remote
- Basic working knowledge of computer hardware and technology
- High level of planning and organizational skills
- Strong in Office suite; Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Detail oriented – ability to manage multiple tasks and schedules
- In depth knowledge of Windows OS
- PC imaging and configuration
- TCP/IP, Routers, WAPs, Wireless, and other networking devices
- Spyware / adware removal tools / antivirus programs
- Savvy with search engine techniques
- Must be comfortable with all facets of PC, laptop hardware, setup, and maintenance; including installation and configuration of hard drives, NIC’s, printers, and other PC accessories.
- Approximately 50-75%