POSITION OVERVIEW Job Summary
The Sr. Director – Global Programming will serve as a critical member of the executive leadership team. S/he will report to the Executive Director/President and will be responsible for developing, articulating and implementing the strategic vision and leadership of OneSight’s mission. S/he will oversee a significant portfolio of programs and related services.
The Sr. Director – Global Programming will be responsible for leading the strategic planning and overseeing the execution of all of OneSight’s ongoing programming around the world, which includes OneSight charitable clinics, and sustainable vision center program expansion. S/he is also expected to be a thought leader in ensuring that the programming evolves to meet the changing needs of solving the global need for glasses. S/he will be a member of the OneSight Leadership Team and will work alongside the other members of the Leadership Team to deliver OneSight’s strategic plans throughout all of our key geographies. The role will be responsible for leading key initiatives and incorporating any innovations into existing or future programming. This role incorporates strong operational leadership with key strategic thought partnership elements and will require both long-term planning as well as overseeing execution through supervision and professional development of a global team.
Principle job responsibilities
- Embrace and promote a highly engaged organizational culture supportive of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- In coordination with the President/Executive Director and Leadership team, provide strategic leadership and oversight for OneSight’s Global Programming Initiatives.
- Ensure the successful creation of strategically aligned programs, including identification of and response to business development opportunities. Foster cross organizational collaboration on program creation and execution.
- Manage a global team of programming leaders to deliver the key commitments of both sustainable and charitable programming around the world; ensure clear communication of priorities, alignment of strategies and resources and development of key individuals to optimize the organization.
- Create and support a high performing culture in the programming department and cross-functionally with other functions. Develop a team-based environment to motivate and inspire staff to work collaboratively toward the team goals, by clearly communicating OneSight’s vision, implementing yearly staff development plans and mentoring.
- Partner with the Leadership Team to ensure: 1) Programming needs are clearly communicated to support effective manufacturing, product supply and logistics solutions; 2) Engagement and Fundraising targets are met and supported through programming strategies and efforts; and 3) Sound fiscal and system management through budgeting and monitoring of programmatic operations.
- Represent OneSight on relevant committees and task forces, as well as at speaking engagements, conference panels and trainings.
- Oversee and contribute to the development and execution of a strategic research agenda that supports OneSight’s goals.
Program Oversight and Evaluation
- Lead the strategy, assessment and execution of the OneSight programming models in a way that supports core strategic priorities for impact, partnership and growth. This includes both the continuous improvement and expansion of the sustainable program model as well as the charitable programs that delivers engagement of key partners and funding growth.
- Oversee the coordination, integration, and delivery of all programs, promoting collaborative relationships between program areas and ensuring that the expectations of funders, partners, constituents, clients, and other stakeholders are consistently met.
- Lead the development, testing and implementation of any Program-based innovation to improve the performance of programming around the world and position OneSight for successful scale.
- Respond to government and foundation requests for proposals and applications in partnership with development and senior staff; coordinate planning and activities necessary for development of model program designs in response to RFPs and RFAs.
- Ensure the delivery of qualitative and quantitative goals and outcomes of programs and services and appropriate M&E activities and capabilities.
Funder and Partner Relationship Development and Management
- Cultivate relationships to further develop OneSight’s global network of government partners, local and regional institutions, and identify opportunities for partnerships that rely on and reinforce local capacity and ecosystems to ensure OneSight’s programs are in line with needs and demands.
- Support development efforts to establish and foster relationships with key funders and other foundations, and multilateral funding institutions. Make connections between OneSight program expertise and funding opportunities. Support generating revenue to deliver programs aligned with strategy.
- Provide globally-recognized thought leadership in areas of expertise aligned with OneSight’s strategy. Contribute to the knowledge base within the field through conference presentations, journal articles, blogs etc. Connect colleagues and other experts within our network of partners with opportunities for visibility.
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in his/her approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner.
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and the ability to listen actively and communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations.
- Equally comfortable taking center stage and encouraging others to share the spotlight; visibly celebrates and supports the success of the team.
- Exceptional communicator experienced in presenting to, facilitating, writing for, and engaging interpersonally with international audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BA); equivalent International Degrees also considered.
- MBA or Advanced Degree in Healthcare, Public Policy or related field preferred.
Qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated success in strategy development and implementation with a minimum of 12 years’ experience with progressive levels of leadership and responsibility.
- Passion for OneSight’s mission and purpose and an ability to communicate this passion to others.
- Experience in a nonprofit, NGO or philanthropic organization overseeing multiple programs or contracts. Field experience with a strong preference for experience in the public health or vision need sector.
- Demonstrated experience managing a high-performing team in a global structure to include professional development and mentorship.
- Work experience in developing markets, with demonstrated ability in dealing across cultures with senior management and government leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and compile complex data for planning and reporting purposes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies, including those who do not speak English.
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to find common ground, build consensus and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in the vision care industry; demonstrated understanding of eye health issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages or with non-English speakers.
Up to 50% travel, both domestic and international.
Global Headquarters are located in Mason, Ohio (USA). There is a strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the headquarters office, but remote candidates will be considered.
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At OneSight, we’re creating a world where a lack of access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human achievement and possibility. We know everyone deserves quality vision care. So, we meet them where they are, making care affordable and close to home.
Meeting our employees where they are is also part of OneSight. OneSight provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Come join us.