The Sr. Director, Programming will be responsible for leading the planning and execution of all of OneSight’s ongoing programming around the world, and being a thought leader in ensuring that the programming evolves to meet the changing needs of solving the global need for glasses. This includes OneSight Charitable clinics and OneSight’s sustainable vision center program expansion. The Sr. Director, Programming will be a member of the OneSight Leadership Team and will work alongside the other members of the Leadership Team to execute OneSight’s strategic plans throughout all of our key geographies. The role will also be responsible to implementing key initiatives and incorporating any innovations into existing programming. This is an operational role with key strategic thought partnership elements and will require both long-term planning as well as management of on the ground, day to day execution though a global team.
Principle job responsibilities
- Lead the continued expansion and rollout of the OneSight sustainable vision center program through the Global Program Managers
- Lead the relationship with key partners in The Gambia, Rwanda, Zambia and other sub-Saharan countries to enter new countries, pilot and test the OneSight model, develop align Memoranda of Understanding with Ministries of Health and other local stakeholders, roll out the solution throughout the country and transition management of the program to the local authorities
- Lead the process of identifying the right local partners to continue the expansion of the sustainable model into key geographies
- Partner with the Leadership Team to develop the right manufacturing solution in the key markets to ensure that the demand from the vision centers is met
- Partner with the Leadership team to ensure that Engagement and Fundraising targets for the Sustainable Vision Care Program are met
- Lead the implementation of the Charitable Clinic program through the charitable clinic managers and ensure that the program meets its goals for patients served, glasses dispensed, engagement, fundraising, etc.
- Partner with the Leadership Team in developing, testing and implementing any Program-based innovation to improve the performance of programming around the world
- Support the Executive Director in Strategic Planning and resource identification to continue expanding programming around the world
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or Advanced Degree in Healthcare, Public Policy or related field
- International Degrees also highly regarded
Qualifications and experience
- 8-10 years total work experience
- Work experience in developing markets, especially sub-Saharan Africa and South East Asia
- Experience managing people
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Science or Engineering preferred
- 2-3 years at a top-tier consulting firm or top tier foundation associated with Healthcare (e.g. Gates Foundation, SightSavers International, etc.) highly preferred
- Management of global teams and remote management skills. Experience dealing across cultures with senior management and government leaders
- Experience managing teams of >10 people
- Prefer both strategy and operational experience
Approximately 50%-60% travel, domestic and international
Global Headquarters are located in Mason, Ohio (USA); candidate is not required to relocate, but is expected that the successful candidate will be present in the headquarters office at key meetings and/or willing and able to communicate effectively from a remote location.
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.