The Sr. Program Manager, Latin America is responsible for the strategy and execution to deliver quality vision care services in Latin America as part of OneSight’s overall global programming plan. As Sr. Program Manager – Latin America, the successful candidate will have the combined responsibility for strategic planning, deployment, and evaluation of OneSight’s portfolio of charitable and sustainable operations in the region. This position is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating, and partnering with other designated Clinic Program Managers to deliver OneSight Vision Clinics in the LATAM Region. S/he will be expected to provide guidance, counsel and oversight to the designated Clinic Program Manager to lead individual clinics, projects, and work as a team to develop program best practices in the region. The Sr. Program Manager LATAM is directly involved in cultivating new and managing existing program and funding partners and coordinating teams of global volunteers to ensure outstanding execution in the region.
principle job responsibilities
- In partnership with the Sr. Director-Global Programming, develop a recommended strategy for Latin American in the next 1-3 years, evaluating the role of sustainable and charitable programming and establishing clear priorities for the region
- Identify and recommend resources needed to deliver this strategy in the context of the global programming portfolio
- Manage the special clinic operations and projects, particularly when there is a need to explore new countries and partnerships;
- Develop strategies to increase OneSight’s visibility to the international NGO community and the other international actors with emphasis on LATAM
- Lead initiatives and activities that result in obtaining funds and resources needed to sustain and improve OneSight’s programs;
- Provide strategic guidance in establishing or strengthening partnerships with national NGOs and humanitarian actors to promote joint or collaborative response and activities on eye health care;
- Lead OneSight in ensuring that strategic and operational coordination mechanisms support programs and response activities;
- Liaise and cultivates relationships with all relevant national and international NGOs, local and international authorities with the aims of facilitating coordination of eye-health programs with emphasis on LATAM
- Drive relationships to grow deeper roots with other humanitarian agencies to plan and evaluate humanitarian assistance programs on visual care, and help to ensure that latest findings, lesson learned, policy guidelines
- Develops relationships & collaborates with global team through offering support, information, and guidance; mentoring team members
- Develops local partnerships and adheres to clinic preparation standards to ensure operational excellence
- Delivers quality eye care by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Sustains overall clinic operations by following policies and procedures; report needed changes in a timely manner
Planning & Reporting:
- Plans program events to ensure success
- Prepares reports in collaboration with the onsite clinic manager on program performance by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in International Affairs, or Humanitarian Affairs, Management, and/or Social Science or other relevant discipline, from an accredited educational institution, with a combination of additional 7 years minimum experience, or
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs, or Humanitarian Affairs, Management, and/or Social Science or other relevant discipline, from an accredited educational institution, with a combination of additional 10 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s Degree5 + years’ experience in NGO Healthcare clinic project planning preferred
qualifications and experience
- Solid project, organizational and time management skills essential
- Ability to successfully manage a growing team as the LATAM Global Region and expands
- Ability to complete clinics and projects within designated budget and provide oversight to onsite clinic managers to successfully complete clinics and projects within budget
- Strong team player and collaborator with ability to also work autonomously and act independently
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make decisions with sound judgment and confidence to overcome issues or obstacles with diplomacy
- Celebrate progress, have fun and inspire others to support the cause.
- Excellent verbal communication skills – comfortable with coaching and presenting to diverse audiences
- Must be fluent both verbally and proficient in writing in English and Spanish. Strongly prefer fluency in Portuguese as well.. .
- Strong cultural acuity and ability to work effectively across diverse global populations, including ability to manage language translations and work across multiple time zones
- Effective listening, problem-solving and consulting skills
- Desired but not essential: Drive, operate and maintain mobile eyecare and production vehicles measuring 40’ x 13’ with Class B Commercial Driver’s License within regulations of the Department of Transportation (License can be obtained post-employment)
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, and Data Base Management.
- Event coordination experience
- Global nonprofit experience
- Vision care/optical expertise
- Approximately 25%-50%, domestic and international
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in an office. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.