The OneSight Storytelling + Digital Content Intern will 1) work with the Global Marketing & Engagement team to generate compelling stories and create assets to be leveraged across internal and external channels and 2) manage and evolve global storytelling processes to drive internal and external advocacy through improved content sharing and increased diversity of topics and voices.
Principle job responsibilities
- Collect and curate patient and volunteer stories, clinic and center profiles, and community impact stories
- Inspire, guide, and manage a team of global operation specialist and volunteers who will gather stories
- Provide recommendations and develop tools and training to help empower global staff and supporters to capture content
- Manage storytelling database
- Write beneficiary and volunteer stories
- Manage a group of EssilorLuxottica employees serving as volunteer Storytelling Captains on vision care clinics
- Train and partner with Storytelling Captains who lead storytelling for clinic teams to capture content for OneSight and our partners
- Evolve processes and implement improvements for greater efficacy
- Facilitate technology/equipment distribution
- Serve as a key partner in fostering brand advocacy
- Proactively recommend content approaches for Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn in line with OneSight’s social strategy
- Write stories that help bring the social strategy to life
- Serve as primary resource for social analytics/reporting
- Manage some clinic Facebook groups for OneSight supporters who will go on clinics, including generating conversation and building engagement by posting updates and content
- Research and write thought leadership articles for LinkedIn
- Lead some community management across channels
- Junior or Senior preferably majoring in Marketing, PR, Communications, Digital Studies, Journalism, or Visual Communications
Qualifications and experience
- Oral and written communications skills
- Social media /digital savvy
- Strategy minded
- Development of leadership and management skills
- Able to perform light research/competitive analysis/benchmarking
- Culturally sensitive and able to work with a diverse set of colleagues, beneficiaries, and partners
- Not required
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At OneSight, we’re creating a world where a lack of access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human achievement and possibility. We know everyone deserves quality vision care. So, we meet them where they are, making care affordable and close to home.
Meeting our employees where they are is also part of OneSight. OneSight provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Come join us.