Covid-19: Onesight’s Response
The COVID-19 virus is changing the way we all live and work—and we are changing right along with it.
Here’s how we are adapting to meet the needs of those we serve while maintaining the health and safety of everyone involved.
- We are exploring ways to give people the glasses they need without close person-to-person contact.
- We are updating and changing our protocols so that when the immediate crisis passes we will be ensuring that our clinic patients, volunteers, and staff are not put at risk of further spreading the disease.
- Our sustainable vision centers continue to offer vision care in places where it is safe to do so, and more will be re-opening as we all continue to flatten the curve.
The most important thing is that we are not sitting still. You can help us transform our programming to meet the needs of a world combatting COVID-19, and creating a speedy response to the changing landscape.
Keeping your own eyes healthy
In the meantime, we want to remind you that keeping your own eyes healthy is still important! As many people shift to remote work and others self-isolate, our screens become the primary way we connect with those outside our homes. It’s easy for eyes to get tired. Here’s some advice from our staff about how they are helping their eyes stay strong:
- Step outside for a few minutes (while staying at safe social distance) and just looking around.
- Practice the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, look at something at least 20 feet away for about 20 seconds.
- Break out the humidifier! Staying inside can dry your eyes out.