The Customer Giving Manager is responsible for the development and execution of a strategy to grow existing customer giving campaigns, while leveraging OneSight’s opportunity to expand customer giving revenue opportunities more broadly and on a global scale. The position will be responsible for deeper engaging retail customers at the point of sale to make a donation and convert individual donors to long-term OneSight supporters. This Manager will evaluate opportunities for expansion and build a strategy to drive external relationships with retailers to grow customer giving revenue. This position will be responsible for driving relationships with brands and retailers to ensure we are providing comprehensive support and strategic input to accomplish annual budgets and achieve successful campaigns.
Principle job responsibilities
- Development and execution of a customer giving strategy that leverages best in class fundraising practices to deliver results ($6M+ fundraising portfolio).
- Grow OneSight’s customer giving campaigns, including managing and driving the optimization of OneSight’s current strategy through data analysis of current trends and gaps in opportunities.
- Assess and expand customer giving into new markets and explore new channels for retailer fundraising (e.g. e-commerce, new corporate partners, etc.).
- Support global teams in driving customer giving and provide ongoing guidance and budget review to ensure success.
- Act as key contact for retailers as it pertains to customer giving pitches, goal setting, reporting and annual planning.
- Work with each brand lead and the OneSight marketing team to identify and understand in-store needs to ensure successful customer giving campaigns (signage, campaign messaging, etc.).
- Plan and activate relevant giving-day strategies and retailer peak season giving opportunities (Back to School, World Sight Day, Giving Tuesday, End of Year Giving, etc.) within each retail partner. Track, analyze and report results and outcomes.
- Create a comprehensive OneSight ambassador program within each retail brand, providing ongoing guidance, support and updates on top priorities and progress to goals.
- Act as point of contact for OneSight Ambassadors (or as aligned via the retail brand leads). Hold onboarding calls with this group and provide active communication templates and touch point calls/emails to drive results and offer support.
- Work with IT departments to discuss and test new technology implementations to enhance customer experience at point of sale transactions and drive optimal results.
- Analyze fundraising reports to determine effectiveness of current strategies and recommend improvements.
- Develop store/employee recognition programs and oversee fulfillment of contests and prizes.
- Build a plan for customer conversions to OneSight supporters and work with retailer brands to ensure effective OneSight messaging in CRM systems.
- Develop retail and individual CRM plans for communication to focus on conversion and increased online donations.
- Engage and collaborate cross-functionally with fundraising, communications, engagement, product planning and finance teams to gain functional expertise in support of fundraising strategies.
- Manage and report out monthly data metrics to leadership for campaigns and progress to date analysis.
- Other duties as assigned by Head of Global Development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and equivalent experience and/or training.
Qualifications and experience
- 3 to 5 years fundraising experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines in fast-paced, high-growth, evolving environments and the ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Collaborative, inquisitive, and resourceful team player with a passion for driving executional excellence.
- Strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit and positive attitude with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities. Must be able to be flexible/adaptable.
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Entrepreneurial in identifying new opportunities that will advance the partnership and/or capacity of OneSight.
- Knowledge, understanding and proficiency of CRM systems; Salesforce experience preferred.
- Minimal travel – occasionally based on needs for specific business purposes.
typical physical demands / work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is seated in an office setting and is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The work conditions usually take place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on at “at-will” basis.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
At OneSight, we’re creating a world where a lack of access to vision care is no longer a barrier to human achievement and possibility. We know everyone deserves quality vision care. So, we meet them where they are, making care affordable and close to home.
Meeting our employees where they are is also part of OneSight. OneSight provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law. Come join us.